Friday, April 18, 2014

LaLa Anthony Cover Jet May 2014 Issue

Alani “La La” Anthony’s life offers that alternate ending. She got her Prince Charming aka NBA star Carmelo Anthony. Even better, he famously pursued his now wife a decade ago while she was a VJ on MTV. The couple did many things at their own pace, including a long engagement which often sparked rumors as to whether they would actually get hitched. But through it all, one thing remained constant: La La always maintained her own identity.

“I have an independent, hustler’s spirit,” the 34-year- old tells JET. “That drives me to this day. I never want to ask anyone for anything. And that simple thing has kept me motivated because there is something about having your 26 own.” So even as her boyfriend-turned- fiancé-turned-husband continued to earn eight-figure contracts with the Den- ver Nuggets, then the New York Knicks, Mrs. Anthony pushed forward her goals to transition from a television host to an actress and entrepreneur. This basketball wife earns more cash than she spends, and she doesn’t have time to toss bottles of champagne or engage in bitter catfights.

Thanks to the Brooklyn native, the definition of “Mrs. Charming” has a new look, which is best described as busy. “I’m filming the last season of La La’s Full Court Life (premiering May 7). It’s really focused on launching my clothing line, 5th and Mercer (available on Shopbop.com), from the ground up. It also follows my cousin Dice and my friend Po more heavily because I was swamped with filming the series Power (debuting June 7 on Starz), the movie Think Like A Man Too (out June 20) and writing The Love Playbook: Rules for Love, Sex and Happiness (in stores now),” she adds.

To read the rest of the story click here

No comments: